Baking and Exporting
Blocking the Pistol
To start out, we'll take our concept art and translate it into a simple 3D model to see if the design holds up in first person view.
Refining the Pistol
Once all the pieces are in place, we'll need to adjust the design so that it is as appealing as possible for the player.
- Setting Up the First Person Perspective 4 min
- Refining the Slide pt. I 10 min
- Refining the Slide pt. II 9 min
- Refining the Frame pt. I 9 min
- Refining the Frame pt. II 9 min
- Refining the Grip 5 min
- Refining the Front 15 min
- Refining the Sights 13 min
- Refining the Top 12 min
- Blocking and Refining 15 xp
High Poly Detailing
Make your gun stand out in-game by adding bevels, normal decals, and structural details.
Low Poly Modeling
After adding all the details, we create a duplicate low-poly version that can be used in-game.
Create a near-perfect UV layout by placing seams and playing a little Blender Tetris.
Transfer the high poly details onto the low poly model with normal map baking.
Congrats on finishing the course! In the final lesson we'll export the pistol to Unity and make a few last adjustments.